The import-export business is one of the few businesses that have the ability to generate large amounts of revenue and profit. However, transportation of raw commodities from one place to another is carried out by a freight forwarding service. There are hundreds of freight forwarders providing different services and options for transporting your goods from one country to another. It is essential to be informed about the functions freight forwarders carry out and the role they play in making life more comfortable to understand why freight forwarders are necessary and important
What is freight forwarding?
“A service provided by an organisation to their customers where commodities of the customers are shipped with extreme care and protection from one country or destination to another by means of air/sea/land for a minimum or fixed rate”. However, this is only a very simple explanation of what freight forwarders actually do. In very simple words, a freight forwarding business takes an active role in the import and export business.
What does a freight forwarder do?
The freight forwarding industry is a diverse world which involves many processes and operations.
- Freight forwarders handle international shipping. This includes all the taxes, utility bills, and various custom checkings in a way that you wouldn’t have to pay for each process, one-by-one, but one total amount for the entire process.
- Freight forwarders are of two types. One type of freight forwarder has their own shipping services and an array of vehicles, aeroplanes, and ships to transports goods from one place to
- another, while the other type is the one acts as an intermediate between the first type and the customer. These kinds of forwarders take packages that need to be shipped from one place to another and hands it over to another shipping company for the process to get completed.
- Trust building and negotiation of pricing is what freight forwarders do best. This is necessary to provide their customers with the best pricing options while also satisfying everyone’s needs and requirements.
- Freight forwarders also do a considerable amount of checking and documentation, freeing clients from this responsibility. The required documents and proofs of certain identification are provided by the clients to the freight forwarders to allow transaction of goods at a sedate pace.
Why do I need a freight forwarder?
Transportation of goods from one place to another can be time-consuming, and very expensive. Freight forwarders can get the overall job done at a much faster pace while also relieving you of all the documentation and customs interferences as well. Freight forwarders ensure fast delivery because they have tie-ups with various organisations across the world to promise on-time delivery, if not before time.
Here are some more benefits offered by freight forwarders:
- Provides insurance for your commodity.
- Documentations for customs purpose.
- Invoice generation of the total cost.
- Cost of every single expenditure to ship your goods.
- Surplus ways of carrying out transactions.
- Personal communication.
- Real-time updates on tracking.
The above mentioned are some of the many benefits a freight forwarding company has to offer. In
conclusion, freight forwarders ensure that your goods are in safe hands and
that they reach the destination faster than anticipated.
Now that you are well informed about the importance of freight forwarders— get yourself one for easy and hassle-free transportation of your commodities.